Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Grief with Raintree

So Raintree is basically the bane of my existence. Seriously. Ever since I have moved in there they have tried their best to drive me crazy. Let me tell you, this last stunt about got me there.

Every month I pay my rent online. Every month they send me a late notice (accompanied by fee's) stating I had not paid my rent. Every month I call them and tell them I paid online, and EVERY month they say, "Oh, yes I see that. Sorry" Bla bla bla.

Well Kelly, Heather and I had finally all sold our contracts! Yay us! Oh wait. Raintree hates me. So basically Kelly's was never sold, but Raintree did not tell her this. She had had some one that was going to buy her's but since these two girls wanted to buy together and my signed paper was yet to be faxed there, Raintree just decided to sell the Heather and Kelly's and Millie (original girl Kelly was going to sell too) could buy mine. Any way when Millie went to buy mine she asked them if Kelly's had been sold. They looked it up and sure it enough it had. So she went ahead and signed for my contract. I had previously faxed in my signed agreement to sell my contract the day before. I then called and paid the deposit on it (perk for taking my contract) and asked the guy if everything was taken care of and all three of us had successfully sold our contract. He told me yes and that we had nothing to worry about. Lies.

Kelly ended up getting a bill for rent/late fee's. She went to the office and they told her that it had never sold. Um...? Planning on telling her at all? How was she supposed to know this, and why did they tell us they had all been taken care of. Well the blatantly denied that. Even went as far as saying that Millie brought in my contract agreement form and said nothing about Kelly. Yeah too bad I faxed it to THEM and she could not have possibly had it. Seriously.

Well after much talk Raintree started saying they would take the hit for it. Kelly and Dahl (husband) wouldn't have to deal with it, since it wasn't their fault. They signed some papers and Kelly had to write a deposit check. It was all really sketchy. So at the end just to make sure Kelly asked if everything was taken care of with my contract too. The Raintree person said, "Oh no you basically just screwed over your friend". Exactly those words. Who says that? Well Kelly calls me in a panic feeling horrible and says that Raintree just switched it so that Millie bought her contract instead of mine. I already signed and paid. Raintree has yet to contact me about this. They did it all with out consulting me.

Illegal? Yes. They basically tried to pit us against each other. Not going to work. We are taking care of it don't you worry.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

In other, (good) news, last weekend Garren and I made a sweet blanket fort, barbecued pizza, finished a puzzle with his parents we have been working on for a week, AND watched The Princess Bride. You don't get much better than that. My life is seriously amazing. Even with crazy apartment management haters :)

Stay tuned to find out what happens :) Also I promise the next post will have pictures.

P.S. So one of my favorite scriptures is 2 Nephi 2:25 "Adam fell that men might be, and men are that they might have joy," The only way to find true joy is through God. The kind of joy that fills your whole soul and makes you want bring that joy to every one around you, especially the people you love the most. I truly believe God's greatest desire is for us to have this pure joy and return to him. You just have to let Him in :)

2 comments:

Karissa said...

Gosh! That's awful! I know to never live in Raintree.. I hope everything works out! :)

Unknown said...

Larissa, I also love that scripture!! I am so excited to realize I am also going to be your grandmother. I love your blog and admire anyone who can write like you do. For me it is such a chore. What a wonderful way to get to know you, by reading your blog. I am not very knowledgeable about blogs or spelling. When I stopped teaching school, my brain sprang a leak!!
Love,
Soon to be Grandma Gibson