So I have almost convinced myself that this will be just fine and easy. Two years is a breeze. Ha That was working till today, when i got three letters from my best friend, and love of my life. This is going to sound sappy so if your not in for a sap fest don't read on. Andrew is everything i have ever wanted and everything i thought i would never have or deserve. Now i have to wait two years before i can have that promise of forever. For some reason today two years sounds like an eternity its' self. So i was feeling some what hopeless so i went to the one place i can always find peace, my Heavenly Father. I felt like i should go to lds.org and look up eternal love. One of the first things I found was a talk given by President Hinkley titled A Marriage That Lasts. It was amazingly uplifting and brought so much peace to my heart. These are my favorite parts and i think they are worth reading:
I continued, “Can you conceive of eternal life without eternal love? Can either of you envision eternal happiness without the companionship of one another?”
“Of course not,” came the ready response.
“But what did the vicar say when he pronounced your marriage? If I remember the language correctly, he said, among other things, ‘in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, for better or for worse, till death do ye part.’ He went as far as he felt his authority would permit him and that was till death separates you. In fact, I think that if you were to question him, he would emphatically deny the existence of marriage and family beyond the grave.
“But,” I continued, “the Father of us all, who loves His children and wants the best for them, has provided for a continuation, under proper circumstances, of this most sacred and ennobling of all human relationships, the relationships of marriage and family.
And then it continues with this (Pay special attention to the end)
When I was much younger and less brittle, we danced to a song whose words went something like this:
Is love like a rose
That blossoms and grows,
Then withers and goes
When summer is gone?
It was only a dance ballad, but it was a question that has been asked through the centuries by men and women who loved one another and looked beyond today into the future of eternity.
To that question we answer no and reaffirm that love and marriage under the revealed plan of the Lord are not like the rose that withers with the passing of summer. Rather, they are eternal, as surely as the God of heaven is eternal.
But this gift, precious beyond all others, comes only with a price—with self-discipline, with virtue, with obedience to the commandments of God. These may be difficult, but they are possible under the motivation that comes of an understanding of truth.
I am so proud of Andrew for going on a mission and am so grateful he is living close to the Lord. I too must do my best to always have the spirit in my life, and am grateful for the opportunity to have these next two years to grow, mature, learn about myself, and become closer both to the Lord and to Andrew. I am well aware of the percentage of girls that actually wait, and guess what... there is a percentage and its not 0. Andrew and i have been through a lot and this will only better us. Any way if you stuck through this thanks for listening to me spill out my heart.
I continued, “Can you conceive of eternal life without eternal love? Can either of you envision eternal happiness without the companionship of one another?”
“Of course not,” came the ready response.
“But what did the vicar say when he pronounced your marriage? If I remember the language correctly, he said, among other things, ‘in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, for better or for worse, till death do ye part.’ He went as far as he felt his authority would permit him and that was till death separates you. In fact, I think that if you were to question him, he would emphatically deny the existence of marriage and family beyond the grave.
“But,” I continued, “the Father of us all, who loves His children and wants the best for them, has provided for a continuation, under proper circumstances, of this most sacred and ennobling of all human relationships, the relationships of marriage and family.
And then it continues with this (Pay special attention to the end)
When I was much younger and less brittle, we danced to a song whose words went something like this:
Is love like a rose
That blossoms and grows,
Then withers and goes
When summer is gone?
It was only a dance ballad, but it was a question that has been asked through the centuries by men and women who loved one another and looked beyond today into the future of eternity.
To that question we answer no and reaffirm that love and marriage under the revealed plan of the Lord are not like the rose that withers with the passing of summer. Rather, they are eternal, as surely as the God of heaven is eternal.
But this gift, precious beyond all others, comes only with a price—with self-discipline, with virtue, with obedience to the commandments of God. These may be difficult, but they are possible under the motivation that comes of an understanding of truth.
I am so proud of Andrew for going on a mission and am so grateful he is living close to the Lord. I too must do my best to always have the spirit in my life, and am grateful for the opportunity to have these next two years to grow, mature, learn about myself, and become closer both to the Lord and to Andrew. I am well aware of the percentage of girls that actually wait, and guess what... there is a percentage and its not 0. Andrew and i have been through a lot and this will only better us. Any way if you stuck through this thanks for listening to me spill out my heart.
4 comments:
Larissa you are just so cute! Why do I read your blog? I dont know.. haha I guess because we are "legit friends" yes..I quoted myself thank you.
Ha ha Annie I love that we are legit friends :)
I'm proud of you for adjusting to so many changes in so many aspects of your life!
Larissa Thank you for sharing that with us. Eternal Marriage is such a miraculous thing! I can't wait for it either! I'm glad you went to the lord first! You are such a great example to all of us! I love you!
Post a Comment