Tuesday, July 27, 2010

No use in crying over spilled milk...

...however a migraine, overly negative people (or person) at work, and a screaming customer left me on mute with tears streaming down my face while on a very unfortunate call at work today. Yep I cried at work. Ever since I got back from Africa I have been unable to cry. I think I just blocked off that part of my self, didn't allow myself to become emotional because I was afraid if I started crying I wouldn't stop. Now going nearly 2 months with out crying is semi shocking. I cry when I am happy, sad, hurt, mad, excited, when other people are sad... you get the picture. So the last few weeks have been weird to say the least. Well that all changed this weekend. I feel like I haven't stopped crying in days. Whats new eh?

Today I walk into the training room and am suddenly hit with a very pungent smell. I could feel a headache coming on almost instantly. Then we had our nice new HR guy come in and the entire class practically attacked him with their negativeness... I feel like some people make huge negative messes out of everything. I nearly cried from the tension in the room. It didn't get better when a couple of us tried to get every one to calm down and be nice. I hate confrontation and I hate tension. So then we go to take calls and I am saying the intro when this guy was like "I don't want to talk to you I want to talk to a manager" So I got him verified and I could tell he was ticked. I got him to tell me about the issues and he calmed down quite a bit. Then he told me I seemed nice so he didn't want to get mad at me so I should just transfer to a manager. So I did... however my phone malfunctioned and hung up on the manager and then this guy couldn't hear me at all. It was horrible. The manager ended up calling him back but it was a disaster. I was still fine but then I get this lady who is freaking out about her bill and about third party charges and how at&t could let this happen to her. You know when you see those commercials for like jokes or ringers and lame stuff like that? Well her sons had subscribed to those and I was trying to explain that they had to knowingly subscribe to them and that they are told they will be charged. I even took them off, gave her a refund and put a purchase block on her kids phones but she still just kept screaming and swearing. She started going off about how she was going to go to the press with this and wanted my name, so I calmly spelled it out for her and then she continued. So I finally had had enough I put her on mute and cried. My transition coaches came over and were trying to calm me down saying I was handling it well and it was ok but I just kept crying ha ha Yeah I am a mess.

If airline tickets weren't so expensive I would be on my way to Ghana.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

I will meet you at the airport...we will just look like beggers and I am SURE someone will gladly buy us airline tickets. :) I LOVE YOU!