If you really knew me
you wouldn't want to make me cry
you'd see past the stone wall I've built
while sharing; you'd never tell a lie
If you really knew me
you'd know I'm terrified of love
I run to hide when it's too close
Constantly praying for strength from above
If you really knew me
You'd know I strive to do whats right
though I constantly fall short
and I'm never quite sure if it will turn out alright
If you really knew me
you would see the weakness in my eyes
the fear behind my smile
and the hope within my stride
If you really knew me
You'd know I believe in laughter
In God, in truth and in passion
I believe in life here ever after
If you really knew me
You'd know I don't sleep enough
And even though I cry a lot
I'm actually pretty tough
If you really know me
You'd know it wasn't an easy plight
I thank you for you patience
In the darkness you are my light
you wouldn't want to make me cry
you'd see past the stone wall I've built
while sharing; you'd never tell a lie
If you really knew me
you'd know I'm terrified of love
I run to hide when it's too close
Constantly praying for strength from above
If you really knew me
You'd know I strive to do whats right
though I constantly fall short
and I'm never quite sure if it will turn out alright
If you really knew me
you would see the weakness in my eyes
the fear behind my smile
and the hope within my stride
If you really knew me
You'd know I believe in laughter
In God, in truth and in passion
I believe in life here ever after
If you really knew me
You'd know I don't sleep enough
And even though I cry a lot
I'm actually pretty tough
If you really know me
You'd know it wasn't an easy plight
I thank you for you patience
In the darkness you are my light
4 comments:
i love that tv show, but its so hard to watch.
nice poem
Ha I didn't know it was a tv show...
I love it. I love you. Maybe you should just take down the wall babe.
Girl, I love and miss you so much. This is inspiring and you are truly amazing. Wish you were sleeping in this bed with me right now. I clearly need another insomnia rap!! Love you lady!
Post a Comment