Friday, March 4, 2011

Dreams Do Come True :)

In 58 days I get to marry my best friend. Yes I am already counting. Its fine don't worry about it.

I've been day dreaming about getting married in the Manti temple since I was eight years old (read about it here). Garren has been my best friend for almost 6 years but I NEVER thought I would fall in love with him. No matter how many people told me I already had. I have never been so grateful to be wrong. Its kind of like the chorus from Darius Rucker's song This :

For every stoplight I didn't make
Every chance I did or I didn't take
All the nights I went too far
All the [boys] that broke my heart
All the doors that I had to close
All the things I knew but I didn't know
Thank God for all I missed
Cause it led me here to this

Its funny because I am so grateful for everything I have experienced because it really has helped make who I am now, and it led me to fall in love with him. Did I give a warning that this post was going to be insanely cheesy? Well consider yourself warned its about to get worse!

Last night at institute Garren and I learned about true love. The kind of love that lasts forever. I've had a lot of people ask me, "When did you know you loved Garren?" I hate that question. Mainly because it wasn't like this sudden moment when it smacked me in the face and I was like holy cow I am in love with Garren! It was more like I have always loved him as one of my best friends and it slowly changed. Now I did start to REALIZE I was falling in love with him at different moments the past few months.... random almost insignifcant moments. Like when I felt like something really exciting happened he was the first person I wanted to tell, or when just thinking about him gave me the motivation I needed to get through the rough days, and finally, the biggest moment, was when I would be thinking about my future, and all the random decisions that still seem so unsure one thing was constant. He was always in those plans. Love doesn't just happen to you. Its a blessing and a choice. Its hard work and more than worth it.

My dreams have changed a lot in the past few years. Things I have thought I wanted so desperately are simply things of the past. I am on a country music high now or something because now all I can think of is that line, "Some of God's greatest gifts, are unanswered prayers." That basically sums it up nicely for me. I don't even know what to wish for any more at 11:11. All my dreams are coming true :)


Now if this post made you gag multiple times because it was dripping with sap, just remember you kept reading :P

Sorry there are once again no pictures. Its a problem. Garren and I seriously need to take more pictures... we are working on an awesome scrapbook together!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so absolutely awe inspiring to have you share this with us. How wonderfully blessed you both are to be best friends first!!! You can't possibly know how happy I am for you both and for both our families. I haven't met you and I already love you. You make me think everyone in our country should have a blog. (except some wouldn't be honest, I know). I don't think I could, because I really am not a good writer, but I love to read better than anything.
Love,
Grandma Gibson

Kali Miller said...

gag









kidding.